1. Educate health professionals and consumers about safe and effective application of Chinese herbs.
2. Provide consumers information for identifying fake or poor quality herbs and herbal products.
3. Provide technical support to Chinese herb-related business and manufacturers.
4. Promote the cooperative research and academicexchanges between China and the U.S.
5. Work as a platform for information exchange of Chinese herbal medicine between China and the U.S.
6. Provide consultation for developing botanic new drugs
7. Provide suggestions to the FDA and USDA about regulations on importing and regulation of Chinese herbs.