AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CHINESE HERBS
American Association of Chinese Herbs (AACH) is a non-profit organization that focuses on promoting Chinese herbal medicine's effective and safe application by educating professionals and consumers. It was founded in January 2015 by Dr. Willow Liu and a group of Chinese American experts of Chinese Herbal medicine including scientists and skilled practitioners. They want to help to ensure patients benefit from the miracle of Chinese herbal medicine and avoid toxicity.
Dr. Liu has been working on research, teaching, and clinical practice of Chinese herbs for nearly 40 years. She is knowledgeable on traditional Chinese medicines (TCM) and modern chemistry, biology, pharmacology, and clinical practice. She has published papers about chemical isolation, identification, and analysis, bioassay screening, animal experiments of herbal medicines in different international journals.
Dr. Liu taught Western Pharmacology, Western Nutrition, Natural Product Chemistry, Chinese Herbal Medicine, and TCM Nutrition & Therapeutic Diet in China and USA. She is also the editor of Traditional Herbal Medicine Research Method - Identification, Analysis, Bioassay, and Pharmacological and Clinical Studies (John Wiley & Son), the only book in the world that fully introduces research methods for traditional herbal medicine using modern botany, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, and clinic study. As a successful Chinese abroad, she was recently featured on an episode of the famous show "Chinese Stories" by ChineseCentral Television International Channel (CCTV4), with the title of "Persistent Researcher of Chinese Medicine".
Background of Willow Liu (Prof./Ph.D./Dipl. O.M./L.Ac)
* B.S. of Chinese Material Medica (China)
* M.S. of Medicine (China)
* Ph.D. of Natural Product Chemistry (China)
* Post-doctoral Research Scientist in Columbia University (New York)
* Research Fellow of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Germany)
* Professor in Liaoning College of TCM (China, previously)
* Visiting Research Assistant Professor in College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois
at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
* Teaching faculty in South Baylo University (Anaheim CA, previously) and
Alhambra Medical University (Alhambra, CA, previously)
* Professor in College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Southern California
University of Health Science (Whittier, CA, Part-time previously)
* Editor of Traditional Herbal Medicine Research Methods: Identification, Analysis,
Bioassay, and Pharmaceutical and Clinical Studies (John Wiley & Son, 2011)
* Diplomat in Oriental Medicine and Herbology (NCCAOM, USA)
* Licensed acupuncturist in California, USA