Pinyin: bai zhi
English Name: Angelica
Latin Name: Angelicae Dahuricae Radix
Properties: acrid, warm
Channels Entered: Lung, Stomach, Spleen
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Releases the Exterior, Dispels Wind and Opens Orifices
2. Dispels Cold and Relieves Pain
3. Dispels Dampness and Treats Leukorrhea and Diarrhea
3 to 10 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Acrid and warm, Bai Zhi may damage yin and should be used with caution for patients who have yin-deficient fire， Liver yang rising, or Liver or Kidney yin deficiency. • This herb is contraindicated for patients with febrile
• Overdose of Bai Zhi may cause nausea, vomiting, numbness of the limbs, epilepsy and convulsions.