Pinyin: ce bai ye
English Name: Oriental Arborvitae (Leaf & Branch Tip)
Latin Name: Platycladi Cacumen
Properties: bitter, astringent, cool
Channels Entered: Lung, Liver, Large Intestine
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Cools Blood and Stops Bleeding
2. Dispels Phlegm and Stops Cough
3. Treats Hair Loss
10 to 15 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Bitter and cold in nature, Ce Bai Ye should be prescribed with caution for patients experiencing deficiency and cold of the Spleen and Stomach, as it may cause diarrhea.
• Because of its cold and astringent nature, use Ce Bai Ye with caution in patients with bleeding and blood stasis, as the stasis may become more difficult to disperse.
• Overdose or prolonged use of Ce Bai Ye may cause dizziness, nausea, and decreased appetite.