top of page
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CHINESE HERBS
Pinyin: chi shao
ENGLISH NAME: Chinese peony
LATIN NAME: Paeoniae Radix Rubra
Properties: bitter, cool
Channels Entered: Liver
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Clears Heat, Cools Blood
2. Dispels Blood Stasis, Relieves Pain
3. Reduces Swelling from Sores and Abscesses
4. Clears Heat and Relieves Eye Pain
6 to 15 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Chi Shao is contraindicated in patients with deficiency and cold.
• Chi Shao is incompatible with Li Lu (Radix et Rhizoma Veratri).
bottom of page