Pinyin: da ji
ENGLISH NAME: Euphorbia
LATIN NAME: Cirsii Japonici Herba
Properties: sweet , bitter, cool
Channels Entered: Liver, Heart
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Cools Blood, Stops Bleeding
2. Disperses Blood Stasis, Reduces Swelling
3. Treats Jaundice
4. Lowers Blood Pressure
10 to 15 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Because of its blood-invigorating function, Da Ji should be used with caution during pregnancy, or for patients who do not have signs or symptoms of blood stagnation.
• Bitter and cold in nature, Da Ji is contraindicated in deficiency and cold of the Spleen and Stomach.
• Oral administration of Da fi has been associated with nausea, vomiting and other gastrointestinal disturbances.