top of page
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CHINESE HERBS
Pinyin: dang gui/dang gui (jiu)
ENGLISH NAME: sweet, acrid, warm
LATIN NAME: Heart, Liver, Spleen
Properties: sweet, bland, cold
Channels Entered: Heart, Stomach, Small Intestine
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Tonifies Blood
2. Invigorates Blood Circulation and Relieves Pain
3. Moistens Intestines and Unblocks the Bowels
4. Stops Cough and Treats Dyspnea
5 to 15 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Use Dang Gui with caution for patients with abdominal distention, Spleen deficiency， or those with loose stools or diarrhea.
• Dang Gui is contraindicated in excess conditions, or for patients with yin-deficient heat signs.
bottom of page