top of page
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CHINESE HERBS
Pinyin: di gu pi
ENGLISH NAME: Lycium
LATIN NAME: Lycii Cortex
Properties: sweet, bland, cold
Channels Entered: Lung, Kidney
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Cools Blood and Relieves Steaming Bones Sensation
2. Clears Lung Heat
3. Clears Heat, Cools Blood, and Stops Bleeding
6 to 15 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Cold in nature, Di Gu Pi should be used with caution in patients who have deficiency and cold of the Spleen and Stomach, characterized by loose stools.
• Di Gu Pi is contraindicated for patients with exterior wind-cold or wind-heat conditions.
• Use Di Gu Pi with caution in patients who have true cold but false heat.
bottom of page