Pinyin: gua lou
English Name: Trichosanthes
Latin Name: Trichosanthis Fructus
Properties: sweet, cold
Channels Entered: Large Intestine, Lung, Stomach
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Clears the Lungs, Dissolves Phlegm
2. Regulates Qi and Expands the Chest
3. Dissipates Nodules and Eliminates Pus
10 to 20 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Gua Lou Shi should be used with caution for patients with deficiency and weakness of the Spleen and Stomach.
• Gua Lou Shi is incompatible with Wu Tou (RadixAconiti).