Pinyin: ji li (chao)
ENGLISH NAME: Tribulus
LATIN NAME: Fried Tribuli Ffuctus
Properties: bitter, acrid, neutral
Channels Entered: Liver
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Pacifies the Liver and Anchors Yang
2. Facilitates the Flow of Liver Qi and Disperses Stagnation
3. Dispels Wind and Brightens the Eyes
4. Dispels Wind and Stops Itching
6 to 10 grams.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Use Bai Ji Li with caution in patients with blood deficiency.
• Bai Ji Li is contraindicated during pregnancy, as it may induce miscarriage.
• Topical application of Bai Ji Li is sometimes associated with rash and itching.