Pinyin: jue ming zi (chao)
ENGLISH NAME: Sickle-pod Senna (Stir Fried)
LATIN NAME: Stir Fried Cassiae Semen
Properties: sweet, bitter, cool
Channels Entered: Liver, Large Intestine
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Clears Liver Heat and Benefits the Eyes
2. Calms the Liver and Anchors Liver Yang
3. Clears Heat and Moistens Bowels
4. Cardiovascular Effect
10 to 15 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICATIONS
• Cold and sedating in nature, Jue Ming Zi is contraindicated in patients with deficiency and cold of
the Spleen and Stomach.
• Jue Ming Zi is contraindicated in patients with hypotension.
• Jue Ming Zi should be used with caution during pregnancy, as it stimulates contraction of the uterus.