Pinyin: lu gen
ENGLISH NAME: Phragmites (Rhizome)
LATIN NAME: Phragmitis Rhizoma
Properties: sweet, cold
Channels Entered: Lung, Stomach
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Clears Heat and Promotes Generation of Body Fluids
2. Clears Stomach Heat, Regulates Stomach Oi
3. Clears Lung Heat, Regulates Lung Oi
4. Clears Heat and Promotes Diuresis
5. Vents Rashes
6. Relieves Food Poisoning
D O S A G E
10 to 30 grams of the dried herb. 15 to 60 grams of the fresh herb, with maximum (fresh) dosage of 100 grams. The fresh form of Lu Gen has a stronger function to clear heat and promote generation of body fluids.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Cold in nature, Lu Gen should be used with caution for patients who have deficiency and cold of the Spleen and Stomach.