Pinyin: mang xiao
ENGLISH NAME: Sodium sulfate
LATIN NAME: Natrii Sulfas
Properties: salty, bitter, cold
Channels Entered: Lung, Stomach, Large Intestine
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Purges Excess, Softens Hardness
2. Clears Heat and Sedates Fire
10 to 15 grams. Dissolve in hot water or herbal decoction immediately before administration.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICATIONS
• Mang Xíao is contraindicated in patients who have deficiency and cold of the spleen and Stomach.
• Use of Mang Xiao is contraindicated during pregnancy.
• Use of Mang Xíao topically 岛r breast abscess in a nursing mother may lead to decreased (or termination of) lactation. Therefore, it should be used only if necessary, and dis- continued immediately when the desired effect is achieved.