Pinyin: mo yao (cu)
ENGLISH NAME: Myrrh (Vinegar Fried )
LATIN NAME: Vinegar Fried Myrrha
Properties: bitter, neutral
Channels Entered: Heart , Liver, Spleen
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Activates Blood Circulation and Relieves Pain
2. Reduces Swelling and Promotes Generation of Flesh
3 to 10 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Mo Yao should be used with caution in patients who have sensitive stomachs because the bitter taste may induce nausea and vomiting.
• The dosage of Mo Yao should be lowered ìf it is combined with Ru Xiang (Gummi Olibanum).
• Use of Mo Yao is contraindicated in pregnant women.