Pinyin: niu xi
ENGLISH NAME: Cyathula
LATIN NAME: Achyranthis Bidentatae Radix
Properties: bitter, sour, neutral
Channels Entered: Liver, Kidney
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Activates Blood Circulation. Dispels Blood Stasis
2. Promotes Urination. Treats Dysuria
3. Directs Fire and Blood Downwards
4. Tonifies the Liver and Kidney, Strengthens Tendons and Bones
10 to 15 grams in herbal decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Chuan Niu Xí is contraindicated during pregnancy and in cases of profuse menstrual bleeding.