top of page
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CHINESE HERBS
Pinyin: pao jiang
ENGLISH NAME: Rhizoma Zingiberis Preparatum
LATIN NAME: Zingiberis Rhizoma
Properties: acrid, hot
Channels Entered: Heart, Lung, Spleen, Stomach
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Warms the Middle Jiao
2. Restores Depleted Yang
3. Warms the Lung, Dissolves Phlegm
4. Warms the Channels, Stops Bleeding
5. Dispels Cold and Dampness
D O S A G E
3 to 10 grams in herbal decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Gan Jiang is contraindicated in cases of interior heat with yin deficiency, or heat in the blood.
• Use Gan Jiang with caution during pregnancy as large quantities may have an abortifacient effect.
bottom of page