AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CHINESE HERBS
Pinyin: shi gao
ENGLISH NAME: Gypsum
LATIN NAME: Gypsum Fibrosum
Properties: acrid, sweet, very cold
Channels Entered: Lung, Stomach
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Clears Heat, Sedates Fire, Relieves Irritability and Quenches Thirst
2. Clears Lung Heat
3. Clears Heat in the Stomach and Stomach Channel
4. Clears Heat and Promotes Healing of Sores, Burns and Eczema
15 to 60 grams.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Use of Shi Gao is contraindicated in patients who have qi deficiency， yin deficiency， Spleen yang deficiency， deficient cold of the Stomach, or fever due to yin deficiency.
• Because Shi Gao is very cold in thermal nature, it is not suitable for long-term use. Its use should be terminated as soon as the desired effect is achieved.