Pinyin: yi mu cao
ENGLISH NAME: Chinese Motherwort
LATIN NAME: Leonuri Herba
Properties: acrid, bitter, cool
Channels Entered: Heart, Liver, Urinary Bladder
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Activates Blood Circulation, Dispels Blood Stasis
2. Promotes Urination, Reduces Swelling and Edema
3. Clears Heat and Eliminates Toxins
10 to 15 grams, with a maximum of 30 grams, in herbal decoction. Yi Mu Cao is commonly used internally and topically.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Yi Mu Cao is contraindicated in cases of yin deficiency, blood deficiency, or yang deficiency with prolapse.
• Yi Mu Cao must be used with extreme caution during pregnancy because of its stimulating effect on the uterus.