Pinyin: yi yi ren
ENGLISH NAME: Job’s Tears
LATIN NAME: Coicis Semen
Properties: sweet, bland, cool
Channels Entered: Spleen, Stornach, Lung
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Strengthens the Spleen and Resolves Dampness
2. Resolves Dampness and Relieves Pain
3. Clears Heat and Dispels Pus
10 to 30 grams. Yi Yi Ren may be taken as decoction, pills, powder and food (porridge or other preparations). Yi Yi Ren must be taken at large dosages for a long time, since it is relatively mild. The unprocessed herb functions better to c1ear heat and regulates water circulation. The dry-fried herb has enhanced effectiveness to tonify the Spleen and relieve diarrhea.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Use Yi Yi Ren with caution in patients with spermatorrhea and polyuria.
• Yi Yi Ren is contraindicated during pregnancy.