top of page
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CHINESE HERBS
Pinyin: yu jin
ENGLISH NAME: Curcuma Wenyujin
LATIN NAME: Curcumae Radix Praeparata
Properties: acrid, bitter, cold
Channels Entered: Heart, Liver, Gallbladder
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Activates Qi and Blood Circulation, Relieves Pain
2. Clears Heat and Cools Blood
3. Clears the Heart, Opens Orifices and Promotes Consciousness
4. Treats Jaundice
6 to 12 grams in decoction.
CAUTIONS I CONTRAINDICA TIONS
• Yu Jin counteracts Ding Xiang (Flos Caryophylli).
• Yu Jin should be used with caution during pregnancy.
• Yu Jin is contraindicated in patients without qi and blood stagnation, or those with underlying yin deficiency and bleeding.
bottom of page