AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CHINESE HERBS
Pinyin: zi su geng
ENGLISH NAME: Perilla Stem
LATIN NAME: Perillae Caulis
Properties: acrid, warm
Channels Entered: Lung, Spleen
CHINESE THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
1. Releases the Exterior and Dispels Cold
2. Regulates Qi and Expands the Chest, Harmonizes the Middle Jiao, Alleviates Nausea and Vomiting
3. Calms the Fetus
4. Alleviates Seafood Poisoning
D O S A G E
5 to 10 grams. The herbal decoction may be taken orally or applied topically. When cooking the decoction, Zi Su Ye should be added last and cooked for only a few minutes.
• Since Zi Su Ye is acrid and warm,it can easily damage yin and qi. Therefore, it should be used with caution in p a t i e n t s w i t h f e b r i l e d i s o r d e r s , y i n deficiency， q i deficiency, or exterior-de且cient syndromes without per- splfatlOn.
• Zi Su Ye should also be used with caution for patients with nausea caused by heat.
• Zi Su Ye should be used only on a short-term basis. Long- term use may lead to qi deficiency.